Job Reference Number: 79
Location: Enghouse 80 Tiverton Court, Suite 800, Markham, Ontario (Toronto) L3R 0G4, Canada.
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Mobile VAS Engineer with previous experience in the mobile service provider industry. This position will be based out of our Canadian Markham location.
Within Enghouse Networks we think of ourselves as ambitious and problem-solving relationship builders. At Enghouse every individual matters, taking the initiative that can improve our people, processes, products and services. People who put words into action are the ones we get along with and the ones that like us the best. So if you share any such ambitions you may want to look our way.
What will you be doing?
The technical support engineer will provide 1st level of technical support for Enghouse’s Mobile VAS solutions including next generation messaging and call & media products, for new and existing deployments mainly at mobile network operators.
Duties will also include deployment, system upgrade and integration projects either remotely or at customers’ sites in North and Latin America and the Caribbean regions.
- Handling customer support requests from initiation through to closure
- Troubleshooting problems, answering customer queries, handling configuration requests and installing software updates
- Logging and tracking support requests using the Helpdesk CSR logging tool
- Writing technical reports and customer facing procedure documents
- Escalating complex technical issues to senior engineers or product specialists either locally or in other Regional / Support Centers
- Attend conference calls with customer representatives to discuss important issues and CSR review meetings
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call support roster duties. Building and configuring new systems for deployment at customer sites (staging)
- Deployment of new/upgraded solutions within the operators’ network (onsite and remotely)
- Projects implementation at customer sites (Hardware installation, Product integration/configuration and testing)
- Project reporting and site documentation
- Logging and tracking project issues using the Helpdesk defect logging tool
- Writing technical operations and customer facing procedure documents
- Writing Unix Shell scripts
We emphasize the importance of:
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a Telecom Support or Operations role
- Experience with VAS products (SMSC, MMSC, RBT, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Unix OS system administration, networking and Database admin (Linux and MySQL an advantage)
- Solid understanding of mobile network protocols (e.g. TCP, IP, SMPP & SNMP), infrastructure and architectures
- Familiarity with web server technologies (Apache configuration is an advantage)
- University graduate, Computer or Telecom engineering degree
- Willing to travel on company business (having the appropriate passport to travel to the United States at short notice with no visa required)
- Hold a valid work permit to live and work in Canada
Would you fit in our team?
You’d likely be a great fit if you:
- Have good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Are a good communicator, listener and a team player with a positive attitude
- Are able build strong customer relationships
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) communications is essential (an additional language is an advantage)
- Able to work under pressure and be quality oriented
- Are passionate, and have a strong drive to succeed with minimum coaching
- Are looking to go above and beyond to be successful
- Are curious, looking for opportunities, and take your own initiatives for continuous education and learning
About Enghouse Networks
Enghouse Networks offer software technology solutions for the planning, design, operation and support of next generation telecommunications and utility networks. Our customers include next generation network operators, broadband wireless/mobile service providers, cable MSO, fiber to the home providers, wholesale, local/international carriers and enterprise business telecommunications providers. Enghouse Networks is a division of Enghouse Systems Limited, a publicly traded Canadian based software and services company founded in 1984. Enghouse shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol “ESL”.
PLEASE NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enghouse is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.